Sleep is a vital component of having a healthy mind and body. However, due to busy schedules and restless minds, sleep is all too often neglected.
If you’ve ever felt like a zombie after a poor night of sleep, then you know the negative effects it can have as it makes it difficult to function normally. As such, it’s essential that you prioritize getting a good night of sleep. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits below.
- Doctors and researchers recommend that adults get a minimum of eight hours of sleep a night. Eight hours gives your mind and body the time it needs to get through the various sleep cycles and to wake feeling restful and ready to start the day.
- Sleep improves your memory – sleeping helps you practice things you learned during the day. This is a process called consolidation. In sleep, you strengthen memories that you learned while awake.
- Suffer from inflammation? Studies have indicated that inflammation is linked with heart disease, stroke, arthritis, and diabetes. For those who get less than six hours of sleep have higher blood levels of the inflammatory proteins.
- Sleep sharpens attention – sleep deprivation plays a key role in jitteriness, inattentiveness and distractibility.
- Need help shedding a few extra pounds? Combined with healthy eating and exercise, getting the right number of sleep hours will aide in giving your body the energy it needs to burn calories and fat.
- Sleep can help to control stress levels – proper sleep will reduce stress levels and help people with having better control of their blood pressure.
- Avoid vehicle accidents – sleep deprivation can lead to grogginess as well as negatively affecting reaction time and decision-making.
For those who are in the trucking industry, sleep plays a very critical role in ensuring you and everyone else on the road stays safe. Don’t let sleep deprivation get in the way or jeopardize your career.
If you are looking for reliable work in the trucking industry, contact Platinum Drivers today.